myLIFE

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Andrea Laureen Turns 1!

We held a party to celebrate Lolin's 1st birthday last April 11. Our original plan is to celebrate it in May since Daddy Ian will be here by then. However, nothing is final yet on when he will come home and for how long will he stay here before we take off to Oz, so we decided to have the party this April instead. I had only 5 days preparing for this including looking for a Jollibee venue. haha!

Venue: Jollibee Alabang Junction
My first choice is really Jollibee Festival Mall but as expected, all slots were booked for April 11 when I inquired. I initially have a pencil booking with them for May 9 but it was given to another client already when I forgot to renew my booking.

Just a tip on those who plan to celebrate in a fastfood, make sure that you count the food before the crew serve it. This was my first time with Jollibee (and to any fastfood for that matter) and I was surprised when I saw that the crew were already distributing the food to my guests. Some guests were left waiting for their food because apparently, they did not prepare the exact number. It was also very difficult to check on how many meals did they actually served. When I was about to settle my bill, they were charging me of 5 additional regular softdrinks because some guests requested for it. Duh?! I, myself didn't get to have a drink with my meal plus the ice cream included! I was firm that I will not pay for it plus they didn't have me sign for that. I waited for 30mins or so while the manager is nowhere to be found before i settled my bill. I could have just flown away without paying a cent!

Entertainment: Jollitown Mascots




It was my intention to have the 5 mascots present in the party. First, I anticipate the usual fastfood-party program to be, well, typically boring (sorry for this but this is my own opinion) so I wanted something that will "wow" the guests -- children and adult. True enough, my friends told me they were happy to experience all the mascots present in one party :) And you are right, the kids went enormously hyper when the gang came out. Twirlie was not in the picture because she already came out few minutes before we start the program to receive guests.


Face Painter: John Lord Tobias
My friend's brother is super talented that I got him as my face painter. I just bought face paint.




Party Favors: OMG (Oh My Gifts)






Me and my friend chanced upon this stall in ATC. They were selling cute cellphone holders at 50% off. Got these at 50 pesos each. Too bad they only have 50pcs on stock. For the kids, I bought cute ballpens also in OMG at 49pesos each. They gave me a 10% discount for the pens.

Birthday cake: Red Ribbon



I got this design with a matching Barbie doll which meant a cake and a toy for Laureen. Jollibee gave us a free medium-sized cake also.



Balloon Decors: Party Time
I got balloonderitas and two balloon pillars. They were also my supplier for Laureen's baptism last June.






Tarpaulin: Gail Monzon
My ever-reliable friend :)



Over-all, I was happy with the party considering the amount of time for the preparations. Oh, and the photos? All were courtesy of my guests whom I required to bring their own cameras. haha. It was a good idea since I had the pictures of ALL the guests :)

No comments: